8 Best Outdoor TV Antenna for Rural Areas – 2021 Reviews
There are multiple television channels available over the airwaves that people can watch inside their own home, but many of these channels are not carried by cable and satellite companies. Therefore, an outdoor tv antenna for rural areas is necessary if a person wants to view any of these local channels.
There are multiple types of outdoor tv antenna for rural areas available and we can help you find the one that is best for your home and your needs.
8 Best Outdoor TV Antenna for Rural Areas
Antennas Direct – 8 Element Bowtie Indoor/Outdoor HDTV Antenna
The 8 Element Antenna has a range of 70 miles, so a person can receive many more television stations with this antenna. This antenna also uses patented technology to draw a signal from broadcast towers in multiple directions instead of sticking to one broadcasting area. This is one of the best outdoor tv antenna for rural areas, because it can find a signal amongst all the trees that may try to block it.
- Finds broadcast signals in multiple directions for up to 70 miles
- Can lower monthly television bills
- Can replace either cable or satellite
- Television shows are in HD 1080 where available
- Easy to set up and use
- Trees does not affect the performance
- While set up is easy, it can take numerous tries to find the best location for the outdoor tv antenna
Directional UHF HDTV Antenna
This Directional UHF HDTV Antenna allows people to receive any over the air broadcasting stations in digital and HD formats without needing cable or satellite subscriptions. This outdoor tv antenna has a snap lock design, which makes it easy to assemble before installation. Every station that this antenna pulls a signal from will deliver both crystal-clear sound and picture, so people can watch their shows just like they would if they had cable or satellite.
- Long range antenna will pull in multiple broadcasting signals
- Enjoy multiple television stations without paying for them
- Easy to assemble and install
- Picture and sound are crystal-clear for the ultimate in viewing experience
- Works well even in inclement weather
- Needs to be installed at a high elevation to work well enough to pull in signals from longer distances
- Grids can rotate after installation no matter how tightly the nut is screwed
Antennas Direct – 60 Mile Range High Gain Bowtie Antenna
The High Gain Bowtie Antenna has a sixty-mile range that allows people to receive broadcasting signals for multiple local stations in HD. One of the unique features of this antenna is that it uses triangular elements instead of rods, which is what allows it to pick up more signals within the UHF band.
- 60-mile range allows for more broadcasting signals to be received
- Local broadcasting channels without paying for cable or satellite services
- Works well in inclement weather
- Easy to assemble and install
- Scanning process is easy to do and people can be watching television within minutes
- Needs to be higher in the air for channels to come in crystal-clear
- This is only a UHF antenna, so VHF stations may not work without a VHF element
1PLUS Amplified HD Digital Outdoor HDTV Antenna – Long Range
This is one of the best outdoor tv antenna for rural areas simply because it can draw a signal from up to 150 miles. The antenna has a built-in rotor that can be rotated 360 degrees with the assistance of the remote control that is included. This antenna is simple to set up and use even in the middle of nowhere.
- 150-mile range for the ultimate in broadcast signal delivery
- Capable of rotating 360 degrees with the use of an included remote control
- Easy assembly and installation
- Includes a control box with dual tv outputs
- Multiple channels available without needing to pay for cable or satellite
- Needs to be mounted a minimum of thirty feet above the ground for the best reception
- Only receives analog and digital signals
- Must be careful when installing and keep the signal tower and antenna close together or signal will be weak or lost
Best Choice Products HDTV Antenna – 150 Miles
This could be the absolute best outdoor tv antenna, simply because it seems to have all the bells and whistles that people are looking for nowadays! This antenna can receive UHF, VHF, and FM signals easily from up to 150 miles away. The wireless remote control allows a person to rotate the antenna up to 360 degrees in one direction and goes both ways, so that it never becomes tangled in the process.
- 150-mile range for pulling broadcasting signals
- Receives UHF, VHF, and FM signals
- Antenna rotates 360 degrees via a wireless remote control that is included
- Broadcast signals received in both standard and high definition
- Works in inclement weather
- Needs to be installed at least thirty feet above the ground
- Needs to be installed on a pole that is not included and needs to be purchased separately
- Rotation of antenna is not easily controlled and instead of small increments it often happens in large jumps
GET Amplified Digital TV Antenna 150 Miles Range
The digital UHF, VHF, and FM signals come through this tv antenna for rural areas quite clear, so everyone can watch television without paying high cable or satellite bills. This antenna has a range of 150 miles and can be rotated up to 360 degrees with the included remote control, so more channels can be viewed than ever before.
- Receives broadcast signals from up to 150 miles in the distance
- Provides HD television where available
- Provides crystal-clear sound with high quality pictures
- Antenna can rotate up to 360 degrees
- Easy to install
- Weather resistant
- A power outlet is needed near where the antenna is mounted to supply power to the motor for rotation
Antennas Direct ClearStream 2V-J3 Indoor/Outdoor HDTV
This tv antenna is perfect for those locations with a lot of trees and other items that can potentially block signals. This antenna can relay broadcast signals from up to 60 miles away, while providing high quality pictures and clear sound. The elements are multidirectional and can intercept both UHF and VHF signals.
- A range of 60 miles allows for many broadcast signals to be received
- Antenna is small
- Easy to install
- Multiple channels can be viewed for free
- While it is supposed to work in remote locations, there is a note that states that any obstructions will affect reception
- Needs to be installed high up over any obstructions
LAVA UHF/VHF Outdoor HDTV Antenna
This antenna includes a built-in rotor that will allow a person to turn it a complete 360 degrees with the use of the included remote control. A prominent feature in this antenna is that is includes a dual television output, so that it can be used for multiple televisions.
- Receives both UHF and VHF signals
- Antenna rotates 360 degrees with included remote control
- Can receive a larger number of channels, therefore reduces television bills
- Needs to be installed quite high to receive the signals the best
- Does not have a very long mile range, so people are limited to what is close by
Many people choose to purchase a TV Antenna – Outdoor TV antenna so that they can discontinue their cable or satellite subscription and save money. This can be a difficult task, especially out in rural areas, where the broadcasting towers are not too close by. However, with a little research, people can find an outdoor tv antenna for rural areas that will fit all their needs.
Of the people that have left rural tv antenna reviews, they all seem to agree with our views of the above tv antennas. There is not one outdoor tv antenna for rural areas that is a fit for every single scenario. Therefore, it is necessary for a person to determine which one will work the best for their home and the surrounding area.
4 Things to Consider Before Choosing Your Rural Area Antenna
1) Signal Report
It is necessary for a person to get a copy of their signal report prior to purchasing an outdoor tv antenna for rural areas. This report can be found at tvfool.com and it is a wealth of information for anyone researching an outdoor tv antenna. One of the main things that this report will address is which type of antenna is needed. The report is color coded, which will allow a person to see if they will need an indoor or outdoor antenna. The report will also show the distance of the broadcasting towers from a person’s home. This is important, because it will tell a person what type of mile range their antenna will need.
A person will want to know which channels they want to receive prior to their purchase, because it will affect what type of antenna they buy. Channels two through six can be found on the low VHF frequency, while channels seven through thirteen are on the high VHF frequency. The UHF frequency is for channels fourteen through sixty-nine.
3) Direction of Antenna
Some outdoor antennas are designed to pull in broadcasting signals from only one direction, while others can receive signals from all directions. There is a major different between the two and could majorly affect how many channels a person ultimately receives.
4) Where Antenna will be Installed
The location of the antenna will need to be taken into consideration as well. There is no point in purchasing an antenna that needs to be installed thirty feet or more in the air if a person has nowhere to place it up at that height. Each outdoor tv antenna for rural areas includes specific instructions on where the antenna should be placed for the ultimate signal reception. Therefore, a person should check this part prior to purchasing their new antenna